This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
We want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Peritus Learning uses your data.
Our promises to you
- We believe in using your personal information to make things simpler and better for you.
- We will always keep your personal information safe and will never sell it to third parties.
- We will be clear and open with you about why we collect your personal information and how we use it.
- Where you have choices, we’ll explain them to you and respect your wishes.
We hope you’ll find it clear and simple but if you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact us by:
Calling us: 0116 268 8727
Emailing us: [email protected]
Writing to us: Data Privacy, Peritus Learning & Development Ltd, DOCK, Pioneer Park, 75 Exploration Drive, Leicester, LE4 5NU
Peritus respects the privacy of every person for whom we have personal data. We comply with data protection legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation which regulates the processing of data and ensures that your data is processed fairly and lawfully, is kept secure and only that data necessary for any processing is kept.
Who is in control of your data?
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we have registered as a ‘Data Controller’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Details are published on a register on the ICO website where you can also find lots of useful information about Data Protection, what it means to you as an individual and how it applies to companies like Peritus Learning Ltd.
Collecting information about you
Information we collect from Clients
Peritus Learning collects personal information about you or individuals at your organisation whenever you shop with us or use our services. Some of it is information you give us directly when, for example:
- When you place an order on the Peritus Learning Management Systems
- When you sign up for a demonstration
- Request information about products and services from us
Information we collect from Associates
We need a small amount of information from our Suppliers to ensure that things run smoothly. We need contact details of relevant individuals at your organisation so that we can communicate with you. We also need other information such as your bank details so that we can pay for the services you provide (if this is part of the contractual arrangements between us).
Information we obtain about you from other sources
From external companies
We do not supplement the information we hold about you with data from other commercially-available sources like the electoral roll and companies that collate and update data.
Occasionally, for marketing purposes, we may obtain lists of potential customers from external companies. Below is the process we follow in order to assure legitimacy and privacy as much as we can.
- We check that the seller is a member of a professional body (or is accredited in someway).
- We will not use bought-in lists unless the seller can prove opt-in consent within the last 6 months.
- When we contact prospective clients we try to make sure that our service/product offering are the same or similar to those that the individual has consented to receive marketing for.
- We only use the information on the lists for marketing.
- We securely delete any irrelevant or excessive information.
- We make sure that we screen the lists against any of our existing customers who have already opted out of marketing.
- When we first obtain a list, we carry out a sample marketing to assess the reliability of the data on the list.
- When marketing you will see our name and appropriate contact details.
- We let people know where we obtained their data.
- We tie the seller of the information into a contract to help ensure the reliability of the list and gives us the ability to audit.
Our Lawful Grounds for processing your Data
We ensure that using your personal data is classed as lawful. GDPR specifies a number of ways to process personal data lawfully. If we use your data for communication and marketing purposes then we use ‘legitimate interest’ and ‘explicit consent’ as the basis of our processing. Occasionally we may get your personal data from a 3rd party. If we do this then we will endeavour to ensure your consent has been given, and we will let you know how we have obtained your personal data and who to contact if you wish that source to be removed.
If your personal data is required in order to perform the services we then we will ensure that there is a contract between us that gives us permission for that use.
How we use your personal information
Providing our products and services
We use your personal information to provide our products and services, respond to queries and comments and provide you with the best possible level of customer service. We may use it to contact you about orders you have placed. We may also contact you in emergency situations such as an urgent product / service updates.
Learning more about you
We’ll consolidate the information we hold about you across Peritus Learning. We do this to keep our records accurate and up to date, provide you with a seamless and consistent service and build a clearer picture of our customers both as a group and as individuals. By understanding you better we can offer you the best and most personalised service we can, but don’t worry – we will only send you marketing material if you have agreed that we can.
Marketing and advertising
We may analyse your personal information, including the products and services you view and buy, your browsing habits and other ways you interact with Peritus Learning and the Learning Management System, to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and to help us provide more relevant offers, advice and information. Rest assured, however, that we will only send you marketing material if you’ve agreed that we can and that we will never use sensitive information.
You can change your mind about receiving marketing material from us at any time by contacting Peritus Learning. Please be aware that, as our marketing campaigns are prepared well in advance, you may still receive material by post for up to 2 months, and by email or text for up to 28 days, after updating your preferences.
You can click on the link at the bottom of any email we have sent you to opt out on that particular type of email.
If you require access to any of this information you should write to us (at the address listed above)
We will ask you to provide proof of your identity, the date and as much detail as you can to help us locate the specific information required.
We may invite you to take part in market research activities such as customer surveys, questionnaires or focus groups. Again, we will never pass your personal information to external companies for this purpose without your consent.
Sharing your information outside Peritus Learning
Companies that provide services on our behalf
We share your personal information with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as printers, couriers, mailing houses, manufacturers and suppliers. We always ensure these companies give your information the same level of care and security as we do. If your information is to be sent outside Europe, we make sure it will be subject to standards of protection and security that are as high as those we use here in the UK.
If you have any concerns regarding your personal data please contact us.
We may share your personal information with third parties where required or permitted by law, if we believe we need to do so to protect our rights, or to comply with legal proceedings. In such cases, we will always do so legally and with due regard to your privacy.
Changes to our business
If ownership of all or part of our business changes or we undergo a reorganisation we will transfer your personal information to the new owner or successor company, so we can continue to provide our services.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Client Personal Data
We hold your personal information for as long as we have a legal or business reason to do so, which generally means as long as you remain a Peritus Learning customer or as required to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We will always store it securely and will not use it for any other purpose.
We will hold your personal information indefinitely unless specified otherwise, as it is used to enable to use of your services. We will always store it securely and will not use it for any other purpose.
Securing your payment details online
Peritus Learning has been issued with a Secure Server Digital Certificate by the online Certification Authority, Go Daddy. This confirms that peritus-online.com is a legitimate website that provides an encrypted communication channel to protect the information you pass to Peritus Learning when making a purchase. In addition to this, all credit/debit card payments are securely handled by an industry-leading payment processor (Stripe) and are never stored on the Peritus Learning website.
Staying in control of your information
We respect the fact that your personal information is your information, and we’ll make it easy for you to update or change your personal details or marketing permissions. Please help us to help you by letting us know if your contact details change or if you spot any errors in the information we hold about you.
If you would like a copy of the information Peritus Learning holds about you or have any queries about the way Peritus Learning handles your personal information, please contact Peritus Learning
GDPR ensures that you have appropriate rights and privileges to enable personal data privacy. Please contact us if you want to use any of the these. See below for more detail.
- The right to be informed about why we collect your personal data and why we need it. Hopefully after reading this policy you are now aware
- The right of access to all the personal data we have collected about you and who has a copy of that
- The right to rectification to any personal data we have collected about you
- The right to erasure, that is to have any personal information erased that you are not happy about us keeping. There are exceptions around this right though, if there is a legal basis/requirement for us to have the data then we will not be able to erase it for you
- The right to restrict processing, you may be able to restrict how we use your personal data, again there could be exceptions around this right
- The right to data portability, if you want, we can provide you with a csv file that is an electronic copy of your personal data
- The right to object, you have the right to object to the way we use your personal data. For example, you may not want marketing emails, so you can object to this process. All our marketing emails will give you this right by having an unsubscribe feature. Again, please be aware there are restrictions on this right
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. Some companies will combine your personal data with a computer program that will put you into a certain category, for instance applicable for a certain type of offer. We DO NOT do this, if we did you have the right to demand that all decisions and grouping is done via one of our employees – Not a computer!
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe, secure and private. Enabling your Rights is of prime importance to you, so we have built Data Privacy into the way we work. As processes are created and assessed we will ensure that due care is given to the way personal data is used, stored and shared. We aim to design Data Privacy into the way we work and make it a default experience for you.